Monday, August 6, 2012

Alabama Chanin Tunic + Bolero

Finished an Alabama Chanin Fitted Tunic & Bolero from the book Alabama Studio Sewing + Design by Natalie Chanin.  Pictures taken by my 5 year old are not shot at the most flattering angle and a bit fuzzy to boot.  At this moment that's what I have to work with!


Double Layer Tunic
Fabric: Chanin cotton jersey ordered from the Alabama Chanin website
Size: Medium (I am 5"10 and 140 pounds)
Embroidery: Cretan Stitch

Double Layer Sleeveless Bolero
Fabric: The same
Size: Large.  I cut out a medium first.  I felt the fit was too "shrunken" looking.
Embroidery:  Cretan Stitch


These pieces were wearable muslins for me.  I am always weary of fit.  So to save my valuable time I machine stitched the seams and felled them on to check fit.  Machine seaming makes this a speedy project and I was able to complete both pieces with only about 4 hours of hand stitching.  I prefer the look of the hand felled seams but don't see much of a difference in the machine seaming if felling is to follow.

Happy Stitching!
Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment