Friday, August 17, 2012

Chanin Poncho Progress

Progress is always good!


Slow....but good.

 I touched up a few of my stones as the paint was a bit blotchy.  They are still drying and appear darker in this photo.  After completing more of the stitching I decided to leave the stones whole.  That was my original plan.   I am sticking with it!

This is what my stencil looked like.  I used a cardboard pizza round.  I then traced my stones onto the fabric with a Micron pen.  Finally, I filled the shapes in with a small paintbrush and my fabric paint.  I actually found that I preferred this method to the regular stencil method.  I felt like I had way more control over where the paint ended up.

Cheers!
Sonja

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I am very impressed with your handpainted fabric. And then handstitched around every single "egg"? Amazing. It looks great. I wish I had the time and patience.
    Elke

    ReplyDelete